Friday, October 12, 2012

Pizza FRYday

A few weeks ago I made something I liked to call "Macaroni Pizza" , My husband thought it was brilliant and commissioned me with a new task (like I don't already have enough to do).  Since our family tradition has been to eat pizza on Friday nights he suggested that I find 52 different ways to make pizza, one different kind of pizza every week of the year.  Well I accept that challenge   I am so sick of the same old Little Caesar's pizza every Friday that I am happy to take on his task.  I will post my experimental recipes and results here to track my progress, plus it will be the easiest way for me to make sure I don't repeat any recipes.  The first Friday in this challenge was Macaroni Pizza, which was delicious and easy.  Tonight I am making "Pizza Fries".  Yes it really is as simple as it sounds.  They are kind of like chili cheese fries, only I used the basic pizza staples... Tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and olives, all over yummy oven baked seasoned fries.


Ingredients:
Frozen seasoned Fries
Tomato sauce (I use spaghetti sauce, it is already seasoned)
Mozzarella cheese
Pepperoni
Olives
*Feel free to use any of your personal favorite pizza toppings

First bake the Fries as directed on the package
Once its finished baking cover with the rest of the ingredients, make sure you star with the tomato sauce (just like when making regular pizza)


Then bake until cheese is melted and bubbling (about 15 minutes)


This dish is not the prettiest thing in the world but it is a great quick meal for kids, and maybe even football parties. It was a big hit with my Husband and his Friend, the kids also loved it (I think the men liked the creativity more than the taste)

I made an extra big batch which cost me about $10 to feed 3 adults and three kids plus we had LOTS of leftovers for lunch the next day. I hope your family likes Pizza Fries as much as mine did.


Happy Creating 






No comments:

Post a Comment