Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Goodbye Summer re-cap



     With Labor day behind us and all of the pools closing down for the season, I am happy to leave Summer and start the Fall.  I think I heard my Husband say "I love fall" like 4 times yesterday.  Even though it is still 98 degrees outside (which is cool around here) it is already feeling like fall.  My neighbors have already started putting their fall decor on their lawns, and my friends are talking about their favorite fall home fragrances.  So I guess I should join the crowd and get into the fall spirit.  In observance of summer ending I want to recap all of the summer fun, parties, cupcakes we had.

Our summer started off with the birth of my BFF Tiffany's baby boy Ronan.  I had never been to a birth (other than my own births) so it was a new experience for me and one that I will never forget.  I took lots of pictures but I'm sure Tiffany wouldn't appreciate them to be broadcast on the Internet. So I will share this one with you, it is a picture of the cakepops I made and brought to the hospital to give Tiffany her chocolate fix and share with the Nurses (sugar makes everyone sweet!).


After Ronan's birth, it was time for my daughter Madison's first birthday party.  I was so excited because we actually got to have a pool party.  And because she was born in the water (I had a home water birth) I made it Beach/Mermaid themed.  I made apple crisp cupcakes covered in edible sand.  They were sooo good and the sand came out looking exactly like beach sand.  Maybe I will post a tutorial on making edible sand next summer ;)  



And here is the birthday girl chowing down on some chocolate sea shells


 After Madison's wet n wild birthday party, it was time for my birthday.  I love to bake and so I made my own cake (which was the highlight of the month).  I had a daydream about a green cake with pink flowers and so I had to make it.  This was the first time I made a fondant "peonies".  It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.


I also had a few orders from friends for cakes and cupcakes over the summer that tested my abilities and helped me grow in my craft.  I always feel a bit of fear and anxiety when I get an order for a cake or cupcakes that require elements that I have never done before.  But I think they all turned out pretty good!

You can't tell but this cake was HUGE

Besides baking all summer, my husband and I decided to start a new family tradition.  Every Saturday (that we weren't otherwise occupied) we decided to have a "Saturday Adventure".  Every Saturday we would get  the kids ready and take them for an afternoon on the town.  The goal is to find fun things to do for as little money as possible.  We mostly have gone walking around the Forum Shops, trips to the splash park, and the Bass Pro Shop to look at the fish.  I am so excited for when the weather gets cooler so that we can go hiking, to the petting Zoo, and the Mountains as our Saturday Adventure.


Looks like we had a pretty great summer ( I didn't realize how much we did until I put it all together here).  And I am so excited for what awaits us in the Fall, my favorite season:  Pumpkin Cupcakes, Halloween Crafts, and Cozy Cuddles after cool night walks!

Happy Creating!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment