Saturday, April 6, 2013

Princess Pink Party

I found these silver wands at partycity for .35 each

I am a Disney princess fanatic! I love everything pink and girly.  I'm not too sure how that happened since I was a total tomboy growing up.  So when I found out I was having a girl I started thinking of all the wonderful pink girly princess themed parties I could throw.  Finally after 3 years I was able to throw the first of many girly pink princessy parties.


Paper crafts like homemade pompoms, pretty wrapping paper and streamers make great cost cutting decor

My baby girl Zoe turned 3 and since she was old enough to give me her input I asked her what kind of party she wanted.  She knew exactly what she wanted... A castle, a princess dress, crown, magic wand, cake and balloons.   That was enough for me, so I got to work on her ultra girly princess party. Complete with bouncy castle and an appearance from Cinderella.


I have been collecting all kinds of party basics over the years so this one was pretty easy.  My budget was only $300 and I was able to pull this entire party off for that (this was the most exciting part).  It really helps that I love baking and working with fondant because it cuts down on costs.


Although I love Disney I really didn't want all of the cheesy character printed plates and table cloths, so I kept it simple pink and floral with hints of Disney, like this Rapunzel cake.


I even made a princess punch for the adult, served in pretty champagne glasses I found at the dollar store (2 for  $1).
Princess Punch
(adult only)
1 can strawberry kiwi concentrated juice (prepared)
2 cans sprite
6 shots vodka





 I made favors for boys and girls by painting dowel rods that I found at Michael's and adorning them with stars or "crystals".  Boys were given gauntlets from the dollar store and I hand made hair clips for the girls made out of clips, ribbon and faux flowers.




Zoe could not have been happier, and I had so much fun planning.

Happy Celebrating,





No comments:

Post a Comment