Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Emails to My Children

When Zoe was born, David and I went to Borders (RIP Borders) and bought her and Donovan journals.  My Sister-in-law gave me the idea to write them notes about their lives in a journal and give it to them when they graduate or turn 18.  Well all seemed happy and optimistic until we bought the journals.  It went great for the first 2 weeks. My husband and I wrote them little notes in the evening before they went to bed.  But then like everything else, life got busy and 2 years later there has not been a new entry in their journals.

Well while watching TV I saw a commercial for an i-something (I cant remember if it was an iPad or a mac book  whatever). Anyhoo the commercial was of a father writing emails and sending videos to his daughter.  Light bulb!  Why not create email accounts for the kids and that way we can send them quick emails that include videos, and pictures from anywhere whenever inspiration strikes.

Finally after too long (I like to put things off), I am happy to say that I created their email address' now I can send my children love letters anytime.  And one day when they are feeling home sick or nostalgic they can log on and look at themselves growing up with a narrative from us.  The cool thing about this is that none of us may remember small details of a random Monday night in October when we were sitting around the living room and something hilarious happened, but now David and I can instantly send a little message to remind them of the good times so that they know how much they mean to us.

Happy Creating


No comments:

Post a Comment