Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What's in a name?

   Starting a blog is so nerve wracking for me.  I have been obsessing over what to name this blog for 4 hours.  Blogging is easy for me (after I find the time to sit down and write). It's the naming of the blog that makes me cringe.  People may say "but Kisha, you are so creative", but I have always hated naming "things" I almost had a nervous breakdown trying to name my daughters Madison and Zoe. I feel such a great amount of responsibility when naming a human, inanimate object or even a blog.  As if the name I give it will determine it's personality and thus it's fate.

 Unable to think of the perfect name on my own, I called on my BFF Tiffany to help me to come up with something.  I wanted it to be a reflection of what the blog was about so that a first time reader will be able to know what the blog was about with a simple glance at the name. First I thought I would name it "Food, Crafts and Kisses". Tiffany didn't think it was good enough, I respect her opinion so I decided to keep my thinking cap on.  She then suggested "Champagne and Cheerios", I loved that name but I realized that I don't drink champagne and my children hate Cheerios, so as cute as it was, that wouldn't work for me. So we went back to the first name..."Food,Crafts and Kisses". Since I am a baker at heart and spend most of my creative time on cakes and cupcakes Tiffany suggested I call it "Cupcakes, Crafts, and Kisses." I liked it, but then she went one step further and changed "kisses" to "Cuddles" (which represents the kids) thus giving us 3C's..and maybe in the future I may call this blog 3C's...or triple Cs (maybe not).  And there you have it, the creative process that resulted in the naming of my new blog with help from my BFF.  Now for the second most difficult task, designing the look of the blog.  Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment