Monday, February 4, 2013

The Real Secret

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/542485_10150762693131350_1020499001_n.jpg


Right before I and my husband started dating, I was introduced to that movie Oprah was raving about called "The Secret".  I did what the video said and I got stuff...lots of stuff.  A super amazing boyfriend, then an awesome job, big house, wedding, vacations, babies, a car.  But none of it seemed to make me happy.  It was like the more I got the more empty I felt and the more I wanted.  For every one thing I could check off of my list, there were 3 more things that I put in its place.  I became overly concerned with what I had and what people thought about me.  I remember crying in the closet one day because I didn't want people to come to my house unless it looked a certain way, in fear of what they might think of me.

Enter God

5 years later and I realized that I was so consumed with having stuff. I wished and prayed for more, more more.  Then something happened that made me snap.  It was Christmas eve and I was going through one of my crazy we-need-more-but we- are-out-of-money fits as we were walking out the door to Christmas eve service.  Long story short, I spent the entire service praying that God change my desires and NOT give me more.

6 weeks later this is how God has been answering me:

He has told me to let go of control and trust in HIM.  He wants us to stop holding on to the THINGS, to manage and GIVE our money more, and better. TO learn to forgive, be content with what we have and find JOY (not happiness) in his creations rather than wanting MORE of what people think is important.

Give- Proverbs 3:27
Trust- Proverbs 16:3
Debt- Proverbs 22:7
Fear- Deuteronomy 31:8
Act- James 1:22

This is the REAL Secret... Stuff wont make you happy, let go of your attachments to things, love people, trust God and you will have real JOY and actual HAPPINESS.  Isn't that what we all really want???

Be Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment