Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday Feb (1)

In case you haven't been following me all over the web at my various (ridiculous) sites, I will explain what Thankful Thursday is.

On Thanksgiving last year I decided to write down everything I was thankful for that week on Thursdays (since Thanksgiving is on a Thursday).  Then at the end of the year I would have 52 posts (one for each week) and it will be a good way for me to reflect on the blessings that I have experienced throughout the year, because it is easy to forget.  In the end, I hope, that it will be a year book of sorts about what we have done throughout the year.

Here is my Thankful Thursday for the First week of February:

This week I am Thankful for good weather, it has been wonderful this week, chilly but warm enough to go out and play.

I am Thankful for the ability to play.  Last week I decided to turn off the TV and just spend the entire day playing with my girls.  In fact we called the cable company and had them discontinue our cable service, we don't need to watch TV, it will save us $125 a month and Netflix is sufficient for the few times we do watch TV during the week. Playing more and watching TV less has made my kids happier (all they really want is attention), made our house more peaceful, and has somehow given me a strange sense of fulfillment. Almost like playing with the kids more everyday has made my life so much easier.  YAY GOD FOR PLAY. It's the simple things that make the biggest impacts on our lives.

Happy Thanking




No comments:

Post a Comment