Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Superhero 4th Birthday Party

A year ago when my little Princess turned 3 she had so much fun that she began planning her 4th birthday.  This time she didn't want anything to do with the pink girly frills of her 3rd birthday. I guess it was too much pink for her.

She wanted a Superhero party.  No pink, no teal, she wanted Thor, Batman, and Wonder Woman.  She requested traditional colors and lots of super details.  For a 3 year old she sure knew what she wanted.  And since I love throwing themed parties, I was happy to oblige.

Even though I began thinking about her party a year ago, the procrastinator in me waited until the last minute to pull it all together, but I managed to scrape up everything that she and I wanted to incorporate into the party.



The Favors were felt capes.  They were so simple and inexpensive to make, I spent about .75 per cape and it took me about an hour to make 16.  Well worth the cost and time, the kids (and Adults) loved them.
I also set empty paper bags out for the kids to fill when we broke open the Pinata.


The girls LOVED their costumes, but they love any excuse to play dress up.


The cake was covered in dyed Frosting, I procrastinated so much that I couldn't find colored fondant in time



The "building" that I used for the backdrop were big picture frames (from the hall upstairs), empty cereal boxes, and other boxes I had been collecting.

We covered them with Kraft shipping paper that I found in the mail section of the dollar store and cut out squares of construction paper for the windows.  Over-all the buildings cost me less than $2.



Instead of doing a Candy Buffet, we opt'd for an Ice Cream bar, you can see all fixins there to the right.






Yesterday Zoe told me that her favorite part of her Party was the Pinata.

Hearing that made it worth the DIY, at less than $10 and 1 hour to build, we filled this bad boy with Halloween and Valentines day candy. 
Cue evil Laugh!


HA, we are going to have to come up with a stronger way to hold the pinata.  The string ripped through after the 5th kid hit it a couple times, so we had to wrap the whole rope around it to hold it up until the kids actually could break through, BUT they loved it all the same.

I think that the "photo booth" was my favorite part, and It almost didn't happen. It was so funny to see people lying on the floor in their super hero poses, flying to "save the day".


Check back later in the week for a Photo booth tutorial and a Pinata DIY

Happy Celebrating!


2 comments:

  1. Did you buy the regular felt in craft dept at local store or go to a fabric store for larger pieces

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for the delay in my response! I actually got the felt from Joann etc.

    ReplyDelete