Friday, September 13, 2013

My Mad Tea Party Dirty 30


I have been the worse Blogger in the world. Between the shock of turning 30, our big trip to Disneyland, and starting marketing work shops, I have been a busy girl. But as I was perusing my picture gallery I found all of my Birthday party pictures and felt the sudden urge to post them on my blog.

My cousin and I had an amazing time sewing, hot gluing, building, and painting anything we could get our hands on for an entire week straight to get my house ready for this ridiculounesss.  We made almost everything you see.  The decor, our costumes, the cake and most of the treats, even the roses were hand made.  I think crafting is my favorite part of any party.  I hope you like the pictures.  Maybe I will make some tutorials for this stuff, but I cant make any promises ;)

My baby girl wanted to have her own tea party so we dressed her like Alice


This is a mix of homemade cupcakes and Decorated Little Debbie snacks

Ok, I didn't make THESE roses...lol.  My wonderful husband had them sent to me.
The teapots were actually reused from the baby shower I did a few years ago and decorated with a little ribbon and gears found at Hobby Lobby.  I also bought the tags, used printable clear stickers for the words, then decorated the edges with a rubber stamp.
The silver chargers are actually from my Christmas decoration stash.  My hubby wasn't too happy that he had to climb into the attic to get these and some lights, but it was worth it.
Best Husband Ever, he dressed like a steampunk version of the Cheshire Cat
My cousin Addie and I, She pulled her White Rabbit costume together in 1 day for $25...Impressive!
This is the entry to the rest of my house, we spent all day hanging lights, and my daughter's plastic tea set from the ceiling. We painted an old closet door that we don't use with the rest of the paint from my daughter's ceiling which we had sitting in the garage for 3 years.

Roses were made from pages of an old book and Zoe painted them red
These were made with acrylic paint and foam board from the dollar store


Hanging out with my 3 favorite girls.
Tweddle Dee and Tweddle Dum, I love these girls and their take on the twins, so cute!!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment