Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Resurrection week and the Gay Rights vote



Yesterday morning as I stole 15 minutes before the babies ran down the hallway at 6:45 am screaming for attention and cereal I quickly read half of a devotional which led me to read a scripture about sin.  I sat there wondering (after reading 2 pages past the scripture) why God had led me to this specific set of passages.  It started off with Romans 6:1 and I read on through Romans 7.  I knew there was a significance to these chapters to my day (I had a feeling) but I wasn't sure what it was.

Now I am terrible, I never follow current events.  I used to but the news and world issues give me so much anxiety that I could not function for a while so I had to stop.  I figured anything important enough to impact my life, my husband or Facebook would tell me.  Yesterday was one such example. After coming home from a lovely afternoon with the kids and friends in the park I sat down to check out my news feed and noticed all these red equal signs everywhere.  That led me to discover prop 8 and the right to Gay Marriage.  Which set a light bulb off in my head and had me running to my bedroom to grab my bible which I conveniently bookmarked with Romans chapter 6 and 7.  "Yes, I knew there was a purpose for that scripture today" God doesn't do things on accident.  After putting 2 and 2 together I had an epephany.

So here it is, my epiphany and my stance on Gay Marriage...

Epiphany: "freed people, free people"+"the truth will set you free"+"Jesus is the way the TRUTH and the light" = Jesus set us free of our sins... Again...Jesus set US FREE OF OF OUR SINS.

I don't know when the last time anyone went to church and sacrificed a lamb or large live stock to God, or washed their feet (with oil and water) before entering someone's home. It seems to me that when our heavenly father allowed his Son (Jesus Christ) to be scarified this week a few thousand years ago it was to do away with the old laws, sin and all the crazy things people had to do to gain God's favor.


John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The timing on this vote is not lost on me!  It is Passover time Jesus died for our SINS...all of our SINS, so we could go to him, ask forgiveness and be given Grace...through Faith, not how many bulls or goats we slaughter at the holy temple.

I challenge anyone to show me a sin meter in the bible.  That one sin is worse than the other.  This is a great discussion point that was brought up on a Facebook post that I made yesterday.  I love this topic, it really levels the playing field   The fact is all humans sin ...constantly...like non stop. For example right now I am thinking of Channing Tatum...my thoughts are technically a sin, the same type of sin as homosexuality (sexual sins).  I bibically cheated on my husband when I went to see Magic Mike.  Don't laugh, if you saw that movie I guarantee you committed mental adultery too.  Just being honest.  So how can we judge anyone else?   Let's look at this scripture:


1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.


We are ALL guilty of the above crimes.  How many of us had a picture of a famous person on our walls as teen? (idolatry). Were you a virgin before you were married?  And if not did you marry the first man you slept with? (adultery). Do you smoke, eat too much, put unnecessary chemicals in your body or have tattoos?  (self abuse).Oh, but wait their is another verse that goes with this scripture:


1 Corinthians 6:11

11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

My point is that Our Father in Heaven sent his only son to die a torturous death so that we can ALL be freed from sin.  To give us all the opportunity to accept grace.  It is wrong for me to look at a gay person and tell him (or her) that he is left out of this new covenant.  Which leads me to Passover and Resurrection week. 

This week is probably my favorite time of year to be a Christian.  Christmas is fun and the birth of Christ is great but his death is more important to us all. 

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Hebrews 10:10-14

1And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.


This is the point of Resurrection Sunday, the most important part of being a Christian and the reason why I will not judge anyone for their personal choices in life (unless of course the things that they are doing will bring harm to other living beings).  

He who does not sin cast the first stone and all of that, make sure that before you judge the lifestyle of someone else that you are perfect.  Think about how it would feel if you didn't have the right to live and love and have the same rights as everyone else.   Lets not forget that not too long ago (probably just before my parents got together)  it was illegal for people of different races to be married (thank God my parents were rebels or I wouldn't be here)  This is the same, stupid law made up by man just like Gay Rights to control each other, and take our focus off of what is really important. As I said on Facebook, let's attack divorce and help each other have strong life long marriages, that will protect the union of marriage.

Happy Passover/ Resurrection Week!
May you have God's Grace,




No comments:

Post a Comment